Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What do I want to learn to facilitate?

The students who come to the Community Learning Centres are often juggling work and family as well as study. I would like to run more online synchronous/asynchronous workshops and experiment with communication technology so that students could have more flexible access to resources and support, to develop an online community of learners making learning more social. Also creating resources and experiences that appeal to a more visual/audio and kinesthetic learning style.
These are my initial thoughts but I look forward to being inspired by how others are using the technology.
At the present time we do not have any online facilitation options for students. I want to  create resources that can be viewed and used online using video, blogs, slide shows, interactive meeting places such as Elluminate etc. By creating online resources I hope the learning will be more accessible for students. By using the technology students are benefiting from experiential learning making it relevant and purposeful to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment